Wild orchids evoke a particular and sometimes addictive fascination among naturalists, botanists, and wildflower enthusiasts. This definitive guide facilitates their discovery and enjoyment.
- 236 pages with checklist by state, glossary and index.
- Covers all orchids growing wild in New England, New York, and adjacent areas of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Includes illustrated keys to the genera and species and a checklist of northeastern orchids.
- Describes in alphabetical order 71 orchid species and varieties, with a drawing of each, and full information on more than 50 forms and hybrids.
- Features 192 full-color photographs of the orchids in their native habitats, along with 71 distribution maps.
- Suggests where to find the orchids.